Larkye Peak lies in the Manaslu conservation area, on the north of Manaslu peak. It is visible from the northeast along the Manaslu Circuit trekking. It's called Larky or Larke or Lakye peak.
The Larkye peak was first climbed by Archil Badriashvili, Giorgi Tepnadze, Bakar Gelashvili on 27/09/2021 AD(11/06/2078 BS).
The main attraction of Larky peak is the panoramic view of the Himalayas including Manaslu, Himlung Himal, Ganesh Himal and Annapurna ranges along with other Tibetan ranges.
Caravan trekking route starts from Aarughat but now a day seasonal road to Sotikhola or you can drive Machha Khola. The road plan to join in Tibet so that every year can drive further. It is possible to start from Besisahar or drive to Dharapani and start trekking to Larkye pass. The total length: 73.8KM through Besi Shahar, 137.5KM through Dhading Besi.
Larkye Peak needs to fix the high camp, so our experience sharpa fix the high camp and next day we push to the summit. The climbing route length: 5.4KM.
Day 1: Kathmandu 1340m:
Arrive in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel, overnight at Hotel (B).
Day 2: Kathmandu:
Sightseeing in Kathmandu and preparation day for climbing permits and equipment, overnight at hotel (BB).
Day 3: Soti Khola by Bus/Jeep:
By Bus: Kathmandu to Arughat Bazar continues to Aarkhet Bazar 5/6 hours drive and trek to Soti 1.20 hours, overnight at Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 4: Machhakhola:
Soti Khola Trek to Machhakhola, overnight at Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 5: Jagat:
Machhekhola Trek to Jagat (1300m, 6h), overnight at Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 6: Nyak Besi:
Jagat trek to Nyak Besi (1900m, 6h), overnight at Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 7: Ghap:
Nyak Besi trek to Ghap (2400m, 5h), overnight at Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 8: Sho:
Ghap trek to Sho (2700m, 5h), overnight at Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 9: Sama Gau:
Sho trek to Sama Gaun (3400m, 5h), overnight at Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 10: Samdo:
Sama Gaun trek to Samdo (3800m, 4h), overnight at Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 11: Acclimatization day in Samdo:
Acclimatization day in Samdo, explore around the valley and safe energy,
Day 12: Dharamshala:
Samdo trek to Larkye Glacier (Dharamshala 4400m, 4h), overnight at tea house (B/L/D).
Day 13: Larky Base Camp:
Dharamsala to Larky Base Camp 5,135m, 4-5 hours, overnight tented camping (B/L/D).
Day 14: High Camp:
Larkya Base Camp to High Camp 5,650m 2-3 hours, overnight at Camping (B/L/D).
Day 15: Summit day for Larky Peak:
Summit day for Larky Peak, return to Base camp 10-15 hours, Overnight tented camping (B/L/D).
Day 16: Spare Day for climbing:
Spare Day for climbing, if incase of weather or sickness or any cases (B/L/D).
Day 17: Bhimtang:
Larkye Glacier to Bhimtang (3800m, 8h), overnight at Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 18: Tilije :
Bhimtang to Tilije (2300m, 7h), overnight at Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 19: Tal:
Tilije to Tal (1300m, 7h), overnight at Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 20: Drive to Besi Sahar continues to Kathmandu
Tal to Besisahar by Jeep 3-4 hours and drive to Kathmandu 4-5 hours or Pokhara 3-4 hours drive by tourist bus, transfer to hotel (B/L).
Day 21: Final Departure or next trip:
Departure to Airport as your own schedule (B).
- All arrival and departure airport transfers with Asian Hiking Team Assistance.
- Hotel in Kathmandu as itinerary with breakfast (3/4 star hotel on request).
- Transport to/from trekking/trip starting and ending point (as itinerary by Domestic flight or by Land KTM to KTM).
- Accommodation during the trekking as best available Guest house / Hotel as itinerary.
- North face Tented Camp during the climbing/mountaineering as itinerary.
- Major Meals during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) by Guest house /Hotel menus.
- Camping / Upper camps’ meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with hot drinks.
- North face Dom Tent for clients, Kitchen/Dinning/Toilet Tents, mates, all kitchen camping equipment.
- Camping staffs; cook, kitchen staff, Sherpa, necessary porters.
- A First Aid and Eco trained & Government licensed holder professional equipped English Speaking trekking guide.
- A First Aid and Eco trained, Advance/Basic climbing trained & Government licensed holder professional equipped Climbing/Mountaineering guide.
- One Porter between each 2 members while on trek (Maximum weight for a porter is 25-30 Kg).
- Trekkers’ Information Management System “TIMS” (Trekking permit).
- National Park / Conservations fees or permission.
- Peak Climbing Permit from Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA).
- Monasteries and Temple entrance fees during the trekking.
- Group Climbing equipment such as ropes, Ice tool, Ice screws, Ice Bar, Carabineers, Locking carabineers, Short-5- millimeter accessory cords, Slings etc.
- Accommodation, meals, salary, equipment, transportation & Insurance of Asian Hiking Team all staffs.
- First Aid Kit.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes/ service charges.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- International airfare from / to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Hotel accommodation beyond 4 nights (as per itinerary) stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear above Base Camp.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation, and lost luggage.
- Expenses of a personal nature such as hard and soft drinks, laundry, postage, telephone, email, internet etc.
- Applicable customs duty and import license fees for all personal expedition goods arriving in Nepal by air/road as cargo.
- Personal solar pack (if any) for charging heavy electronics (laptops, professional camera, batteries, etc.).
- Summit bonus / Tips/ Donation.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not mentioned in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” section.