Kyazo Ri or Kyajori Peak Climbing is a fascinating and attractive peak climbing in the Khumbu, the Everest region of Nepal. Kyazori Peak lies in the Mahalangur Range among a long line of peaks continuing all the way to Cho Oyu border between Nepal and Tibet. Nepal Mountaineering Association has been listed Mt. Kyazo -Ri under ‘’A” category mountains with an elevation of 6,186m and it is part of the peaks that separate Thame Valley from Gokyo valley.
Climbing of Kyajo Ri is challenging and a physically demanding peak was also permitted only after 2002 by the Nepalese Ministry of Tourism through Nepal Mountaineering Association. The first ascent of the peak was by a British and French expedition team in 2002. The climb to the summit of Kyazo Ri Expedition and Mountaineering is the combination of moderate rock climbing and steep alpine ice. It provides adventure filled challenges and breathtaking views of peaks over 8000 meters including Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt. Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m and other spectacular high peaks in the Khumbu Himal range. Kyajo Ri is less explored by mountaineers. So this peak trek is known as new and fresh in the tract of Khumbu.
Asian Hiking Team will take a scenic domestic flight from Kathmandu towards the airstrip of Lukla. Lukla is the gateway to Khumbu and the entire Mt. Everest region of Nepal. Our Kyazo Ri Expedition and treks start from Lukla then we follow the trail that goes along the Dudh Koshi river through a dense forest filled with Rhododendron and Oak trees towards the Sherpa Capital called Namche Bazaar. After spending a day in acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar, we will follow the trail that is a gradual ascent all the way to Kyazo Ri Base Camp. We head further high towards Camp I and then to Camp II.
Asian Hiking Team Sherpa crews will make necessary checks on our climbing gears and health conditions before heading towards the Kyazo Ri Peak summit. After the success summit of Kyazo Ri our itinerary brings you the same way to return to Kathmandu but you can explore the Everest Base Camp or Gokyo valley Renjola pass before Kyjori climb.
Day 1: Kathmandu 1340m:
Arrival at Kathmandu (1,400m), transfer to Hotel in Kathmandu, Overnight at hotel, (BB).
Day 2: Kathmandu:
Free day in Kathmandu for preparation of the trip. Checking your climbing equipment, and discussing the climb with the climbing/trekking guide and overnight at hotel (BB).
Day 3: Lukla / Phakding 2640m:
Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla & trek to Phakding (2,610m) 3/4hr and overnight at Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 4: Namche Bazaar 3500m:
Trekking from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m) 5/6hr overnight at Lodge, (B/L/D).
Day 5: Rest day and explore around.
Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar, explore the Namche Bazaar, (B/L/D).
Day 6: Mende (3,736m:
Trek to Mende (3,736 m/12,255 ft) 6/7 overnight at Lodge, (B/L/D).
Day 7: Kyajo Ri Base Camp (4,550m:
Trek to Kyajo Ri Base Camp (4,550m/ 14924ft)5/6 hours overnight at tented camp, (B/L/D).
Day 8: Rest day:
Rest Day at Kyajo Ri Base Camp overnight at tented camp, (B/L/D).
Day 9: Camp I 5200m:
Trek to Camp I (5,200m/17056 ft) overnight at tented camp, (B/L/D).
Day 10: Camp II (5700m:
Trek to Camp II (5700m/18696 ft) overnight at tented camp, (B/L/D).
Day 11: Summit day 6186m and return to camp II:
Summit Day & Return to Camp II. 9-10 hours overnight at tented camp, (B/L/D).
Day 12: Reserved Day
Climbing Reserved Day overnight at tented camp, (B/L/D).
Day 13: Camp II to Kyajo Ri Base Camp 4,550m:
Camp II to Kyajo Ri Base Camp (4,550m/ 14924ft) 7/8 overnight at tented camp, (B/L/D).
Day 14: Namche Bazaar 3,440m:
Trek from Base Camp to Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11283ft) 7/8 overnight at Lodge, (B/L/D).
Day 15: Lukla:
Trek from Namche to Lukla 6/7 hr overnight at Lodge, (B/L/D).
Day 16: Kathmandu:
Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu transfer to Hotel, Overnight at hotel (BB).
Day 17: Final Departure:
Departure transport from Hotel to Airport for your onward destination (B).
- All arrival and departure airport transfers with Asian Hiking Team Assistance.
- Hotel in Kathmandu as itinerary with breakfast (3/4 star hotel on request).
- Transport to/from trekking/trip starting and ending point (as itinerary by Domestic flight or by Land KTM to KTM).
- Accommodation during the trekking as best available Guest house / Hotel as itinerary.
- North face Tented Camp during the climbing/mountaineering as itinerary.
- Major Meals during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) by Guest house /Hotel menus.
- Camping / Upper camps’ meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with hot drinks.
- North face Dom Tent for clients, Kitchen/Dinning/Toilet Tents, mates, all kitchen camping equipment.
- Camping staffs; cook, kitchen staff, Sherpa, necessary porters.
- A First Aid and Eco trained & Government licensed holder professional equipped English Speaking trekking guide.
- A First Aid and Eco trained, Advance/Basic climbing trained & Government licensed holder professional equipped Climbing/Mountaineering guide.
- One Porter between each 2 members while on trek (Maximum weight for a porter is 25-30 Kg).
- Trekkers’ Information Management System “TIMS” (Trekking permit).
- National Park / Conservations fees or permission.
- Peak Climbing Permit from Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA).
- Monasteries and Temple entrance fees during the trekking.
- Group Climbing equipment such as ropes, Ice tool, Ice screws, Ice Bar, Carabineers, Locking carabineers, Short-5- millimeter accessory cords, Slings etc.
- Accommodation, meals, salary, equipment, transportation & Insurance of Asian Hiking Team all staffs.
- First Aid Kit.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes/ service charges.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- International airfare from / to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Hotel accommodation beyond 4 nights (as per itinerary) stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear above Base Camp.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation, and lost luggage.
- Expenses of a personal nature such as hard and soft drinks, laundry, postage, telephone, email, internet etc.
- Applicable customs duty and import license fees for all personal expedition goods arriving in Nepal by air/road as cargo.
- Personal solar pack (if any) for charging heavy electronics (laptops, professional camera, batteries, etc.).
- Summit bonus / Tips/ Donation.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not mentioned in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” section.