Lobuje/Lobuche 6119m Peak is inside the Sagarmatha National Park. Lobuje is one of the famous trekking peak in Nepal Mountaineering Association, among the 33 peaks. The first recorded ascent of Lobuche/Lobuje East was made by Laurence Nielson and Sherpa Ang Gyalzen on April 25, 1984.
To reach the Lobuje base camp are caravan routes of Everest Base Camp Trekking. Either the trek is starting from Lukla after a 35 minutes flight from Kathmandu or drive 7-9 hours to Jiri then trek to 9-10 days or drive to Sallari and trekking to 6-8 days. Now a day the seasonal road continues to Khari Khola.
Lobuje peak climbing is a popular and attractive summit, which offers various routes for climbing. The normal route for climbing Lobuje is through South Ridge. Lobuje peak consists of several small summits and the true Lobuje (Lobuche) summit requires climbing steep snow and ice slopes to the top of the summit ridge.
Asian Hiking Team itinerary follow Everest Base Camp trekking route up to Lobuje continues trek to Everest Base Camp and climb Kalapatter then trek to Lobuche/Lobuje Base camp. Lobuche/Lobuje base camp is set up at 4,950 meters a lake in a rocky hollow at the base of the glaciated south-west Face. The views of Mt. Choletse, Tawache Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Pumori, Khumbu Himal, Mt. Everest, Mt Nuptse, Mt Lhotse and others are seen superb from the summit of Labuje.
During the trekking until Lobuje it is possible to have Guest house/Lodge facilities. In the guest house / Lodge was running hot and cold water facilities. Private rooms are available in most guest houses/ Lodge. Most bathrooms are shared. Many years experience of Trekking field of organizing various treks in Nepal assures you that we have chosen for our treks the cleanest and most hygienically kept Guest Houses /Lodges with a friendly atmosphere and the best views. From the base camp we need to full board camping. Camping is fully organized and supported, with a team of guides, cooks, Sherpas and porters to accompany you. Our porters carry all the trekking/ mountaineering gear, food, fuel and personal belongings. Our cooks prepare hot meals. At night, tents for dining, sleeping and ablutions tents are provided and set up, mattresses and down-filled sleeping bags, tables and seating. Then trekkers enjoy breakfast before leaving camp.
The trekking itinerary starts from Lukla (after half an hour flight) and trek all the way to Lobuje, visit Everest Base camp and return to Lobuje High Camp. After the summit of Lobuje peak 6119m brings you the same way to Lukla and flights out. However, given an itinerary does not match your time frame or you want cross Chola pass or start trekking from Sallari, Jiri is possible and lets us know we redesign another itinerary for you.
Day 1: Kathmandu
Arrive in Kathmandu, meet our staff and transfer to a hotel in Kathmandu, at 7-8 pm group meeting and tour briefing at hotel, overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Kathmandu
Free day for preparation and official briefing.
Day 3: Kathmandu – Lukla (2800m.) by flight
In the early morning, you have a flight from Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu to Tenzing Hillary Airport, Lukla. Upon arrival at the airport, your guide will brief you on the trek, as well as introduce you to your porters. While your Sherpas sort out and load your trekking equipment, you have time to explore Lukla. After finishing breakfast, proceed from Lukla to Khumbu, head north, past a Chorten with praying wheels and join the main queue at Choplung (2696m) in less than one hour. They proceed from their head north crossing the Thado Khola (2554m) with the awesome trekking peak Kusum Khanguru (6483m) at its head. To reach Phakding (2640m), 1.30 hours from Chuplung or almost 3.30 hours from Lukla, overnight at Hotel.
Day 4: Phakding – Namche Bazaar
To cross the west bank (right) of the Dudh koshi river, Continue through blue pine and rhododendron forests, pass a settlement of Metal worker (Tok Tok), village of Banker (2905m) with a small lodge, see view of Mt. Thamserku (6856m) 1 hour. In the short while cross to the east (left) bank and climb up through Chumowa, cross the Khansar Khola to reach Monzo (2835m). Enter Sagarmatha national park here, check your permit. Descend in a cleft to the west (right) bank of Dudh Kosi on a suspension bridge to reach Jorsule (2774m) 30 minutes. This is the last village before Namche Bazar. We take Lunch here & proceed to cross Dudh Kosi (Bhote Kosi) again to the left side & again to cross the main Dudh Kosi, climb up till to Namche Bazaar (3440m), proceed in pine forest. Can see, first view of Mt. Everest between Lhotse & Nuptse reaches 2 and half hours from Jorsule, overnight at Hotel.
Day 5: Namche Bazaar
Today is a rest day, however, we should do some activities such as to climb Syangboche airport, visit Sherpa home in khumjung/Khunde village includes Adman Hillary school or view from Everest view Hotel, 2 hours. Namche bazaar has many officials or offices, including army base camp and bank. Namche used to be a trading center, where grain from the south was exchanged for salt from Tibet and it remains now a trading center. Every Saturday is market day. It is the headquarters of Sagarmatha National park (SNP) & Sagarmatha pollution controlled Project (SPCP). Here is Sherpa Museum & monasteries too, overnight at the hotel.
Day 6: Namche Bazaar – Tengboche 3867m
The tail rises to the east of Sagarmatha National Park Museum (3520m), instead, contour high above the Dudh Kosi passes Kyangsuma. Steeply down to reach Phorse Tanga, may we have lunch; this is the last sport before Tenboche. After a hot lunch climb 2.20 hours to reach Tengboche (3767m, after your arrival check the hotel and visit the monastery. Everyday 3-4 PM and 6-7 am is worship time in Monastery. Overnight at Guest house.
Day 7: Tengboche – Pheriche 4343m
Today, we start early around 7 to 8 o’clock. Half an hour down to Debuche, where there is a monastery and small settlements inside the alpine forest. After 45 minutes’ walk to cross the bridge, continue climbing to reach lower Pangboche. The trekking routes follow the lower path of Pangboche. It is worth to visit Monastery if you have time, it takes 45 minutes extra. An hour walk to reach a small settlement called Somare, may have lunch in Somare then gradually walk up. After one hour's walk from Somare, there are two ways, one heading to Pheriche and the other is Dingboche. Left hand side direction is way to Pheriche 4210m, 1 hour from the junction. After arrival, have a short drink with rest and climb 200 meters over the Nagarjun hill because everyday we “ascent high and sleep in low”. Overnight guest house/Lodge.
Day 8: Pheriche – Lobuje. 4930m
After breakfast, we started trekking and climbed the hill. Over the hill with a beautiful view of Tawache, Cholatse, Amadablam, Makalu, Island peak. Trek continues to Dukla 4680m, may we have lunch and climb to Dukla/Dhukla pass 4800m where many memorial monuments who died in Everest summit. It takes 5 hours to Lobuje 4910m from Dingboche, Overnight at lodge.
Day 9: Lobuje – Gorepshep – EBC
This is another hard day because we walk over the glacier. Early in the morning leaving Lobuje, after lunch in Gorak-shep within 3/4 hours, This is option trip for you either you can visit the base camp even not view from base camp, we will head up to Everest Base camp (5365 meters), and return to Gorak-shep at elevation of 5180 meters. We are likely to see the teams of Everest Expeditions. The view of the Khumbu Icefall is spectacular. We then return to Gorak Shep to spend our nights. We walk over the moving stone with a jump so it does hard, be careful to walk overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 10: Gorepshep- kalapatter –Lobuje Base Camp
After reaching Base camp of Everest our aim today is to trek Kalapattar (5545 meters) a small peak. This will be a difficult, but rewarding trek. We start early morning before sunrise to reach the viewpoint that offers some of the best views of Mount Everest as well as other panoramas of the surrounding mountains. Kalapattar means “Black rock”, the most excellent view point in the world. Returning to the Hotel, after late breakfast descend to Lobuje Peak base campat elevation of 4010 meters 5 hours, overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 11: Lobuje Base Camp to High Camp
Lobuje Base Camp to High Camp, overnight Tented Camp.
Day 12: Lobuje High Camp to summit Push of Lobuje 6119m. & back to B.C
Lobuje High Camp to summit Push of Lobuje 6119m. & back to B.C. Tented Camp.
Day 13: Spare days for climbing.
Spare days for climbing.
Day 14: Lobuje B.C – Tengboche
Lobuje B.C – Tengboche, overnight Hotel/Lodge.
Day 15: Tengboche – Manju 2760m
Tengboche – Manju 2760m 5/6 hours, overnight in Hotel/Lodge.
Day 16: Manju – Lukla
Manju – Lukla, overnight Hotel/Lodge.
Day 17: Kathmandu
Lukla- Kathmandu by flight then transfer to Hotel.
Day 18: Departure
Last minute, transfer to Airport for your onward journey.
- All arrival and departure airport transfers with Asian Hiking Team Assistance.
- Hotel in Kathmandu as itinerary with breakfast (3/4 star hotel on request).
- Transport to/from trekking/trip starting and ending point (as itinerary by Domestic flight or by Land KTM to KTM).
- Accommodation during the trekking as best available Guest house / Hotel as itinerary.
- North face Tented Camp during the climbing/mountaineering as itinerary.
- Major Meals during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) by Guest house /Hotel menus.
- Camping / Upper camps’ meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with hot drinks.
- North face Dom Tent for clients, Kitchen/Dinning/Toilet Tents, mates, all kitchen camping equipment.
- Camping staffs; cook, kitchen staff, Sherpa, necessary porters.
- A First Aid and Eco trained & Government licensed holder professional equipped English Speaking trekking guide.
- A First Aid and Eco trained, Advance/Basic climbing trained & Government licensed holder professional equipped Climbing/Mountaineering guide.
- One Porter between each 2 members while on trek (Maximum weight for a porter is 25-30 Kg).
- Trekkers’ Information Management System “TIMS” (Trekking permit).
- National Park / Conservations fees or permission.
- Peak Climbing Permit from Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA).
- Monasteries and Temple entrance fees during the trekking.
- Group Climbing equipment such as ropes, Ice tool, Ice screws, Ice Bar, Carabineers, Locking carabineers, Short-5- millimeter accessory cords, Slings etc.
- Accommodation, meals, salary, equipment, transportation & Insurance of Asian Hiking Team all staffs.
- First Aid Kit.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes/ service charges.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- International airfare from / to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Hotel accommodation beyond 4 nights (as per itinerary) stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear above Base Camp.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation, and lost luggage.
- Expenses of a personal nature such as hard and soft drinks, laundry, postage, telephone, email, internet etc.
- Applicable customs duty and import license fees for all personal expedition goods arriving in Nepal by air/road as cargo.
- Personal solar pack (if any) for charging heavy electronics (laptops, professional camera, batteries, etc.).
- Summit bonus / Tips/ Donation.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not mentioned in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” section.