Langtang is a narrow valley situated 175 km north of Kathmandu in close to the Tibetan border. It takes about six to seven hours bus ride in Pashang Lambhu Highway from Kathmandu - Trisuli - Dhunche - Shyabru Besi. From Shyabru Besi, trekking path follow the Langtang gorge finally reach at Kyanjin Gompa at 3900m.
Langtang trekking is the nearest national park of the capital Kathmandu in the Central Himalayan Region. Langtang National park was established in 1976 to conserve the unique flora and fauna of the region. The 1710 sq. km. of the park extends over parts of Nuwakot, Rasuwa, and Sindhupalchok districts in the southern mountainous terrain of the Nepal-China (Tibet) border. In 1998 an areas of 420 sq. km in and around the park declare as a buffer zone. The park represents a meeting point between indo-Malayan and Palearctic realms, and holds a rich biodiversity. Buffer zone management is a joint venture between the park office and the local communities. Local communities have a decision-making role in the management of such areas. Additionally, the local communities or the BZ receive 30 to 50 % of the park revenue for the better management of natural resources to ensure a sustainable supply of resources and community development
Asian Hiking Team recommend trekking itinerary bring you inside Langtang Valley within 3 days, explore one full day in Kyanjin Gomba than recommended descend to Syabru Besi; take a bus / jeep to Kathmandu.
We provide "Langtang Trekking" at the best price among many Travel and Tour companies out there. The price of Lamgtang Trekking package is just $499 USD. Get in touch with us for more information on adventurous trekking, hiking and climbing - Asian Hiking Team.
Day 1: Drive Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1450m) – 6-8 hours by Jeep/Bus, overnight at Hotel (B/L/D).
Asian Hiking Team staff come to your hotel then we start to drive Shyabrubesi. We pass through the town of Kakani where there are great views of the Himalayas. For part of the way the road clings to the edge of a steep mountain. Before reaching Dhunche, there is a police check post where we must show our entry permit for the Langtang National Park, which you’ll be trekking through. There are excellent views of Gheng (6581m) and Langtang Lirung (7246m) to the north and Ganesh (7460m) to the west from Dhunche. Drive Zickzack road until crossing a suspension bridge over the Langtang River then we reach Syabru Besi, overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2480m) – approx. 6 to 7 hours trek, overnight at Guest House (B/L/D).
After breakfast, start trekking on foot crossing the Bhot Khola (river) and very soon within 2 minutes again cross Langtang Khola. Following Khola into grassland to reach Dovan and Pahiro. May we have lunch in Pairo if you are hungry otherwise continue walking inside the jungle. It is much possible to see huge monkeys and other wild animals. From Pairo one hour walk to reach Bamboo. The trail continues to follow Langtang Khola then crosses the Langtang Khola. After crossing the Langtang Khola (Langtang gorge) steeply climb to reach Rimche 1 hour. From Rimche we need another half an hour to reach Lama Hotel. Originally it was called Changtang 2340m. Overnight at Lodge.
Day 3: Lama Hotel to Langtang village (3541m) – approx. 5 to 6 hours trek, overnight at Guest House (B/L/D).
After breakfast, the trek starts around 7/8am. First part trekking into the jungle following the Langtang Khola. Crossing the Gumnachock, Chhunama, Ghodatabela where is the national park office in Ghodatabela. We need a check permit and continue climbing Chyamki and Langtang village (3420m), it takes 5 hours. From Langtang village you can see the view of Langtang Lirung, Langtang Himal, Langshisa peak, NayaKhanga etc. After the earthquake there were all disasters so we walked to Mumdu for overnight stay, overnight in Lodge.
Day 4: Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa (3900m) – approx. 3 hours trek, overnight at Guest House (B/L/D).
Today, trekking is easy and short distance. Left the Langtang village. Gradually climbing up, passing the main wall. We will recommend to our client to walk on the left side culturally when you pass Mani Wall. Passing Sindu old village then reaches Kyangjing Gomba (3900m), 3.30 hours. The view of Langtang Lirung and all Langtang ranges is unbelievable. Kyangin Gomba is the last place of our trekking in Langtang valley. Here is a monastery, cheese factory, Mountain View, mountain Lake and glacier etc. You are very near the Langtang Lirung glacier. If you are interested and the weather is fine after lunch, climb Kyanjin Ri 4050m 2/3 hours both ways, overnight in Lodge.
Day 5: Day hiking and back to Kyanjin Gompa, overnight at Guest House (B/L/D).
After breakfast we start to climb Tserko Ri, the trail further up the valley past the airstrip will provide more spectacular views that include Langtang Lirung (7246m), Ganchenpo (6400m), Langshisha Ri (6320m), Dorje Lakpa (6700m), Lenpo Gang (7100m), and Urkinmang (6170m). We should be able to climb this peak and return to Kyanjin Gompa in 1 long day. The reward for climbing to the prayer flags on its summit is a magnificent view of the 7246m Langtang Lirung, the mountain that dominates the valley. Several of the more moderate local peaks are quite climbable and provide breathtaking panoramic views of mountains in Tibet, including the 8027m Shisapangma, overnight in Kyanjing at the guest house.
Day 6: Kyanjin Gompa- Lama Hotel 5-6 hours, overnight at Guest House (B/L/D).
Trekking all the way back to Lama Hotel (Changtang), 6 hours. The distance looks far but coming down feels easy so it should be fine. Overnight in Lodge.
Day 7: Trek to Syabru Besi (1400m), 5 hours, overnight at Guest house/Lodge (B/L/D).
Today is our last day of trekking. It takes 5 hours on the way back to Syabru Besi; relax the rest of the time, overnight in lodge (B/L/D).
Day 8: Drive to Kathmandu by Jeep or Bus 7-9 hours (B/L), transfer to hotel.
Same way as day 2, drive to Kathmandu 6/8 hours by Jeep or Local bus.
- Airport /Hotel/Airport pick up and drop.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu as itinerary (2-3 star hotel) with breakfast.
- All land transportation (Trekking starting and ending point Shyabru besi) as per itinerary.
- Accommodation during the trekking as best available Hotel/Lodge as per itinerary (for camping trekking we provide tented camp and camping meals).
- Major Meals during the trekking; Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (B/L/D) by Lodge/Hotel menu.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System “TIMS Card” (Trekking permit) and Special trekking permit for Upper Mustang, Dolpa, Manaslu Tsum valley, Kanchenjunga, Simikot, Nar and Fu valley, etc.
- National Park fees/ Conservation permit.
- Monasteries and Temple entrance fees during the trekking.
- A First Aid and Eco trained & Government licensed holder professional equipped English Speaking guide.
- One Porter between each 2 members while on trek (Maximum weight for a porter is 25 Kg).
- Accommodation, meals, salary, equipment, transportation & Insurance of Asian Hiking Team staff.
- First Aid Kit.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes/ service charges.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu (with culture show).
- International Airfare.
- Nepal Visa fee.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- Entrance fees in Durbar Square or Temple in Kathmandu.
- Soft/hard drinks, Drinking water, Tea/ coffee during trekking.
- Hot shower, internet & electricity bills during trekking.
- Extra porter (on request).
- Personal trekking gears & clothing (some of equipment is possible to rent in Kathmandu).
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency, Expenses incurred due to mishaps, landslides, strikes, political unrest etc. in such cases extra will be charged as per actual.
- Tips or Donation (as you want).
Best agency in Nepal