The location of Saipal 7031m is Karnali Province, in Humla/Bajhang district, Namkra / Kanda Municipality.
First ascend 21/10/1963 AD (04/07/2020 BS) by Katsuotoshi Hirabayashi,Pasang Phutar Sherpa. A Japanese Expedition made the first ascent of Saipal in 1963. Katsutoshi Hirabayashi and Pasang Phutar reached the summit from the south side on October 21st. More summits were reported in 1985, when members of a Spanish expedition climbed the mountain from two routes, West ridge and Southwest face. After failed Austrian and Swiss attempts in 1987 and 1988, two teams made the first ascent of Saipal via NE ridge in 1990. Frenchman Jacques Montaz and Tendi Sherpa reached the summit on October 26. Two days later, Austrian Kroll, German Matthias Mross and Ang Choppel Sherpa also made it to the top.
Asian Hiking Team itinerary brings you from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj flight and continues to Simikot flight. We started trekking from Simikot to Saipal base camp 42.50 KM through the dharapani – Yuwang – Chala – Kairang. We have fixed Camp 1 and Camp 2 upper camps. After we summit the Saipal return the same way to Kathmandu.
Day 1: Kathmandu 1340m
Arriving in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel, evening group meeting, overnight in Kathmandu hotel.
Day 2-3: Kathmandu:
Preparations days in Kathmandu, official briefing by Nepal Tourism Department, check equipment etc.
Day 4: Kathmandu to Nepalgunj flight:
Kathmandu to Nepalgunj flight, overnight Nepaljung 150m, hotel.
Day 5: Nepaljung to Simikot flight 2818m:
Nepaljung to Simikot flight 2818m, overnight at hotel.
Day 6: Simikot to Dharapani 2360m:
Trekking Simikot to Dharapani 2360m, overnight at hotel/Lodge.
Day 7: Dharapani to Yuwang (Yalbang) 3860m:
Trekking Dharapani to Yuwang (Yalbang) 3860m, overnight at hotel/Lodge.
Day 8: Yuwang to Choila/chala:
Trekking to Choila/chala, overnight at camp or basic lodge.
Day 9: rek to Kairang:
Follow the Karangkhola to go North base camp, Trek to Kairang overnight at camping.
Day 10: Kairang to Saipal Base Camp 4800m:
Kairang to Saipal Base Camp 4800m, overnight at camp.
Day 11 To 22: Climbing period of Saipal Himal 7031m,
Climbing period of Saipal Himal 7031m, overnight at camps and upper camps.
Day 23: Saipal Base camp to trek to Labuk Depsa:
Saipal Base camp to trek to Labuk Depsa, overnight at camp.
Day 24: Trek to Chala Village or Yalbang:
Trek to Chala Village or Yalbang, Overnight at lodge/Hotel.
Day 25: Trek to Kermi:
Trek to Kermi, overnight at hotel.
Day 26: Trek to Maj gaun:
Trek to Maj gaun, overnight at hotel.
Day 27: Trek to Simikot:
Trek to Simikot, overnight at hotel.
Day 28: Flight to Nepalgung and to Kathmandu:
Flight to Nepalgung and to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel, overnight at hotel.
Day 29: Kathmandu:
free day - rest and relax, overnight at hotel.
Day 30: Final departure or next trip.
Departure from Nepal or next trip or rest in Kathmandu as your schedule.
- All arrival and departure airport transfers with Asian Hiking Team Assistance.
- Hotel in Kathmandu as itinerary with breakfast (3/4 5 star hotel on request).
- Domestic air ticket/land transport to/from trek start/end point for members/ cargo fees as itinerary.
- Domestic air ticket/land transport to/from trek start/end point for Liaison Officer and our staffs as itinerary.
- Expedition royalty and climbing permit fees.
- National Park/ Conservation fees or permits.
- One high altitude Climbing Sherpa per climber to assist the member during climb and summit attempt.
- Government appointed Liaison Officer.
- Expedition/Mountaineering insurance for Liaison officer, our guide and staffs.
- Accommodation during the trekking as best available Guest house / Hotel as itinerary.
- Base Camp single tent with mattress and pillow for each member, climbing Sherpa, BC staff and Liaison Officer.
- High altitude tents for all members and climbing Sherpa’s.
- All camping equipment like camp furniture (table, chairs), kitchenware, kitchen, dining, guest, shower and toilet tents in Base camp.
- Major Meals during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) by Guest house /Hotel menus and cooked 3 meals with tea or coffee by professional cook in Base Camp.
- All high food and fuel for Base Camp and higher camps during expedition.
- Baggage/ Equipment allowance for trekking up and down is maximum 30-40kg per person.
- Base Camp Manager, Base Camp cook, necessary staffs.
- Emergency Oxygen bottles with mask and regulator.
- Common climbing equipment (necessary rope, ice bars, ice screws, etc.).
- Wages, meals, accommodation, equipment, medical and accidental Insurances for Sherpa guide and other staffs.
- Solar panel/generator at Base Camp for light and charging small electronics (eg. mobile phones, amateur digital cameras and handheld video cameras).
- Rope fixing fee.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with nominal cost.
- First Aid medical kits.
- Our service charge and Government Taxes.
- Fair well Dinner.
- International airfare from / to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu as itinerary.
- Hotel accommodation beyond itinerary (as per itinerary) stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal trekking and climbing gears.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation, and lost luggage.
- Expenses of a personal nature such as hard and soft drinks, laundry, postage, telephone, email, internet etc.
- Applicable customs duty and import license fees for all personal expedition goods arriving in Nepal by air/road as cargo.
- Personal solar pack (if any) for charging heavy electronics (laptops, professional camera, batteries, etc.).
- Summit bonus (For Everest $1800, For others mountain US$1000) / staffs Tips/ Donation.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not mentioned in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” section.