Chulu East (6,584 m) is situated high above the Manang valley west-north from Kathmandu with breathtaking views across to the Annapurna II, III and IV, Gangapurna, Glacier Dome, Tilicho Peak and Manaslu. Chulu East Climb is united with the classic trek around the Annapurna circuit, walking the Marshyangdi valley and passing the Thorong La, before descending the Kali Gandaki valley to Pokhara.
Chulu East climbing is technically straightforward and you should be familiar with the use of your equipment, crampons, harness, ice axe, tying knots and handling climbing ropes. Most of Chulu East climbing will be involved walking roped together, including the glacial crossings. Climbers should be very fit and have good experience of climbing.
Chulu East peak first climbed in 1955 by a German expedition via the north-east ridge.
Chulu North-East Ridge is considered the normal route to climb Chulu peak from a Base Camp on the moraine at 5334m (17500ft). Most climbers make it to the top and back from Base Camp in one long day although some have, in the past, established a Chulu higher camp somewhere below Chulu peak. Another subsidiary peak called Chulu Far East 6429m may also be attempted from this approach. Chulu Far East is easier to climb for beginners. To climb Chulu Far East is the same process as Chulu east.
Asian Hiking Team organizes the Chulu East climbing to fix the High Camp and Camp I, then summit the peak. It is not possible to summit without fixing Camp I. The itinerary starts from Besisahar but now a seasonal road goes to Chame. After finishing your climbing our itinerary brings you Annapurna circuit Thorong La pass end trek in Jomsom. But if you have a short time you can return the same way.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
Arrive Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel, overnight at hotel (BB).
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Sightseeing in Kathmandu & Prepare for Trip, overnight at hotel (BB).
Day 3: Drive to Besisahar continues drive to Jagat 1350m
Drive to Besisahar continues drive to Jagat 1350m, overnight at Guest house/Hotel (B/L/D).
Day 4: Jagat - Dharapani
Jagat - Dharapani 2000m. 6hrs, overnight at Guest house/Hotel (B/L/D).
Day 5: Dharapani - Chame
Dharapani - Chame 2710m. 6hrs, overnight at Guest house/Hotel (B/L/D).
Day 6: Chame - Pisang
Chame - Pisang 3210m. 5 hours, overnight at Guest house/Hotel (B/L/D).
Day 7: Pisang - Trek to Julu /Yak Kharka
Pisang - Trek to Julu /Yak Kharka, 4500m, overnight at Camp (B/L/D).
Day 8: Rest day
Rest day at Julu/Yak Kharka for local excursion, overnight at camp (B/L/D).
Day 9: Trek to Chulu East Base Camp
Trek to Chulu East Base Camp. 4700m, overnight at camp (B/L/D).
Day 10: Rest day in Base camp
Rest day in Base camp, preparetion for climbing, weaather or any case (B/L/D).
Day 11: Trek to High Camp 5200m
Trek to High Camp 5200m, overnight at camp (B/L/D).
Day 12: Climb from High Camp to Camp I
Climb from High Camp to Camp I, 3-4 hours climbing, Overnight camp (B/L/D).
Day 13: The Summit day
The Summit day - Climb Chulu East 6584m. & return to Base Camp, overnight camp (B/L/D).
Day 14: Spare day
Spare day for summit (B/L/D).
Day 15: Trek to Manang 3500m
Trek to Manang 3500m, overnight at Guest house/Hotel (B/L/D).
Day 16: Trek to Thorong Phedi
Trek to Thorong Phedi 4450m, overnight at Guest house/Hotel (B/L/D).
Day 17: Cross Thorong La 5416m.and trek to Muktinath 3800m
Cross Thorong La 5416m.and trek to Muktinath 3800m, overnight at Guest house/Hotel (B/L/D).
Day 18: Trek to Jomsom
Trek to Jomsom 2700m. 5hrs, overnight at Guest house/Hotel (B/L/D).
Day 19: Jomsom to Pokhara
Jomsom to Pokhara by Flight or drives to Pokhara, overnight at Guest house/Hotel (B/L/D).
Day 20: Flight to Kathmandu
Pokhara to Kathmandu (Fly/Drive), overnight at Guest house/Hotel (BB).
Day 21: Kathmandu
Extra day in Kathmandu, overnight at Guest house/Hotel (BB).
Day 22: Departure
Departure or next trip (BB).
- All arrival and departure airport transfers with Asian Hiking Team Assistance.
- Hotel in Kathmandu as itinerary with breakfast (3/4 star hotel on request).
- Transport to/from trekking/trip starting and ending point (as itinerary by Domestic flight or by Land KTM to KTM).
- Accommodation during the trekking as best available Guest house / Hotel as itinerary.
- North face Tented Camp during the climbing/mountaineering as itinerary.
- Major Meals during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) by Guest house /Hotel menus.
- Camping / Upper camps’ meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with hot drinks.
- North face Dom Tent for clients, Kitchen/Dinning/Toilet Tents, mates, all kitchen camping equipment.
- Camping staffs; cook, kitchen staff, Sherpa, necessary porters.
- A First Aid and Eco trained & Government licensed holder professional equipped English Speaking trekking guide.
- A First Aid and Eco trained, Advance/Basic climbing trained & Government licensed holder professional equipped Climbing/Mountaineering guide.
- One Porter between each 2 members while on trek (Maximum weight for a porter is 25-30 Kg).
- Trekkers’ Information Management System “TIMS” (Trekking permit).
- National Park / Conservations fees or permission.
- Peak Climbing Permit from Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA).
- Monasteries and Temple entrance fees during the trekking.
- Group Climbing equipment such as ropes, Ice tool, Ice screws, Ice Bar, Carabineers, Locking carabineers, Short-5- millimeter accessory cords, Slings etc.
- Accommodation, meals, salary, equipment, transportation & Insurance of Asian Hiking Team all staffs.
- First Aid Kit.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes/ service charges.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- International airfare from / to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Hotel accommodation beyond 4 nights (as per itinerary) stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear above Base Camp.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation, and lost luggage.
- Expenses of a personal nature such as hard and soft drinks, laundry, postage, telephone, email, internet etc.
- Applicable customs duty and import license fees for all personal expedition goods arriving in Nepal by air/road as cargo.
- Personal solar pack (if any) for charging heavy electronics (laptops, professional camera, batteries, etc.).
- Summit bonus / Tips/ Donation.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not mentioned in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” section.