Chulu West peak (6419 m) is located north – east of the Annapurna ranges in Manang valley. It was first ascended in 1953 by a Japanese Expedition. The Base Camp of Chulu peak is situated in a small valley north of Manang, off the main trail to the Thorong La Pass. There is a controversy regarding the name and location of the Chulu peak.
There are several peaks close by and are also a part of Chulu massif but are not indicated in the map. Thus, it is difficult to differentiate between the two Chulus. However, the Chulu comprise four peaks: two in the east and two in the west. East side Chuli east and Far East which is a climbing route from Nawal and west side Chulu West and Chulu Central.
Chulu west peak climbing offers beautiful Himalayan views of Annapurna region. There is no real technical difficulty in reaching the summit, but progress can be slow depending on snow conditions. Above base camp, some steep, loose rock requires some fixing of ropes. The long way from the mountain terrace to the top is required to fix Camp 1.
Chulu west peak climbing itinerary from Beshi Sahar after a 5-6 hour drive from Kathmandu. Asian Hiking Team led through the beautiful valley Jagat Tal Dharapani Chame, Pisang and finally reached Manang. Manang valley, one of the beautiful valleys situated at an altitude of 3541m. One-day rest will be set to explore the Manang for the acclimatization. From the Manang the route heads north to Ledar and on to the Chulu West Base camp. From base camp climb to Camp 1 which we need to fix rope. From Camp 1 early morning, start climbing Chulu west and return to base camp. Finally, we return to Ledar. Our itinerary mentions you over Thorong La pass to end your trek in Jomsom. If you have a short time, you can return the same way to Kathmandu.
The Asian Hiking Team operates Chulu west peak climbing as your interest, budget and time frame. During the trekking until Ledar it is possible to have Guest house/Lodge facilities. In the guest house / Lodge was running hot and cold water facilities. Private rooms are available in most guest houses/ Lodge. Most bathrooms are shared. Many years’ experience of Trekking field of organizing various treks in Nepal assures you that we have chosen for our treks the cleanest and most hygienically kept Guest Houses /Lodge with a friendly atmosphere and the best views. From Ledar to base camp we need to full board camping three nights. Camping is fully organized and supported, with a team of guides, cooks, Sherpas and porters to accompany you. Our porters carry all the trekking gear, food, fuel and personal belongings. Our cooks prepare hot meals. At night, tents for dining, sleeping and ablutions tents are provided and set up, mattresses and down-filled sleeping bags, tables and seating. Trekkers enjoy breakfast before leaving camp.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
Arrival at Kathmandu; transfer to the Hotel, overnight at Hotel.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Sightseeing Kathmandu valley if you desire and preparation day, check equipment, final payment, collect permit.
Day 3: Kathmandu to Besisahar 800m
Kathmandu to Besisahar 800m by Tourist bus, overnight at Guest house.
Day 4: Basisahar to Chame 2670m
Basisahar to Chame 2670m by Jeep 5-8 hours, overnight at Guest house.
Day 5: Trek to Pisang 3100m
Trek to Pisang 3100m, 4-6 hours, overnight at Guest house.
Day 6: Trek to Manang 3500m
Trek to Manang 3500m 5 hours, overnight at Guest house.
Day 7: Acclimatization at Manang
Acclimatization at Manang, Explore the Lake or Cave as you want overnight at Guest house.
Day 8: Manang to Ledar 4200m
Manang to Ledar 4200m, 4-5 hours, overnight at Guest house.
Day 9: Trek to Chulu base camp
Trek to Chulu base camp 4900m, overnight at Camp.
Day 10: Base camp to High camp/Cam I
Base camp to High camp/Cam I, 5847 , overnight at Camp.
Day 11: Summit Chulu West (6,419-meter) and return back to base camp or high Camp
Summit Chulu West (6,419-meter) and return back to base camp or high Camp, overnight at at Camp.
Day 12: Spare day
In case of weather or any problem, we can use that day.
Day 13: Thorong Phedi
Base camp/High Camp trek to Thorong Phedi 4450m, overnight at Guest house.
Day 14: Trek to Muktinath
Trek to Muktinath 3800m through over Thorong La pass (5416m.), overnight at Guest house.
Day 15: Trek to Jomsom
Trek to Jomsom 2730m 6 hours, overnight at Guest house.
Day 16: Pokhara
Fly back to Pokhara from Jomsom, or drive to Pokhara by Bus/Jeep, overnight at Guest house.
Day 17: Kathmandu
Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist.
Day 18: Departure
Drop to Airport as your own programs.
- All arrival and departure airport transfers with Asian Hiking Team Assistance.
- Hotel in Kathmandu as itinerary with breakfast (3/4 star hotel on request).
- Transport to/from trekking/trip starting and ending point (as itinerary by Land KTM to KTM).
- Accommodation during the trekking as best available Guest house / Hotel as itinerary.
- North face Tented Camp during the climbing/mountaineering as itinerary.
- Major Meals during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) by Guest house /Hotel menus.
- Camping / Upper camps’ meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with hot drinks.
- North face Dom Tent for clients, Kitchen/Dinning/Toilet Tents, mates, all kitchen camping equipment.
- Camping staffs; cook, kitchen staff, Sherpa, necessary porters.
- A First Aid and Eco trained & Government licensed holder professional equipped English Speaking trekking guide.
- A First Aid and Eco trained, Advance/Basic climbing trained & Government licensed holder professional equipped Climbing/Mountaineering guide.
- One Porter between each 2 members while on trek (Maximum weight for a porter is 25-30 Kg).
- Trekkers’ Information Management System “TIMS” (Trekking permit).
- National Park / Conservations fees or permission.
- Peak Climbing Permit from Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA).
- Monasteries and Temple entrance fees during the trekking.
- Group Climbing equipment such as ropes, Ice tool, Ice screws, Ice Bar, Carabineers, Locking carabineers, Short-5- millimeter accessory cords, Slings etc.
- Accommodation, meals, salary, equipment, transportation & Insurance of Asian Hiking Team all staffs.
- First Aid Kit.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes/ service charges.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- International airfare from / to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Hotel accommodation beyond 4 nights (as per itinerary) stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear above Base Camp.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation, and lost luggage.
- Expenses of a personal nature such as hard and soft drinks, laundry, postage, telephone, email, internet etc.
- Applicable customs duty and import license fees for all personal expedition goods arriving in Nepal by air/road as cargo.
- Personal solar pack (if any) for charging heavy electronics (laptops, professional camera, batteries, etc.).
- Summit bonus / Tips/ Donation.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not mentioned in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” section.