Langtang Lirung lies near the Trisuli Gandaki, and north of the Langtang Khola. Langtang Lirung is at an altitude of 7234m from sea level. Langtang Lirung is the highest peak of the Langtang Himal, which is a sub range of the Nepalese Himalayas, southwest of the Eight-thousand Shishapangma. The peak was reconnoitered by H. W. Tilman and P. Lloyd in 1949
On 24 October 1978 two members of a Japanese expedition made the first ascent of the mountain via East Ridge.
Langtang Lirung is a very beautiful and excellent massive view of Langtang range. Langtang Lirung is clearly visible from Kathmandu. It is situated just 35 km as the crow flies distance north of Kathmandu.
Langtang Lirung is 10 KM climbing distance. It is 42.9 km trekking to reach base camp. We fixed three upper camps to summit the Langtang Lirung.
Day 1: Kathmandu 1340m
Arrive Kathmandu; transfer to Hotel (B).
Day 2-3: Kathmandu:
Preparation day for expedition, official briefing overnight at hotel (BB).
Day 4: Syabrubesi (1400m):
Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1400m) by Tourist coach 6-9 hours drive, overnight at Hotel (B/L/D).
Day 5: Lama Hotel (2748m):
Syabru Besi trek to Lama Hotel (2748m) 6 hours, overnight at Guest house/Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 6: Langtang village (3500m):
Trek to Langtang village (3500m) 4-5 hours, overnight at Guest house/Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 7: Kyagjinj Gumba (3800m):
Trek to Kyagjinj Gumba (3800m), 3 hours, overnight at Guest house/Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 8: Kyangjin Gumba- rast day:
Rest day in Kyangjin Gumba, prepare for expedition, overnight at Guest house/Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 9 to 29: Langtang Lirung Expedition period:
Langtang Lirung Expedition period, we fix the camp I Camp II Camp III, fix the rope, acclimatization and summit the peak as weather and clients condition, overnight at camp (B/L/D).
Day 30: Lama Hotel (2784m):
Base camp trek to Lama Hotel (2784m) 5-6 hours, overnight at Guest house/Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 31: Syabru Besi (1400m):
Trek to Syabru Besi (1400m), 5 hours, overnight at Guest house/Lodge (B/L/D).
Day 32: Kathmandu:
Drive to Kathmandu by Jeep or Bus 7-9 hours (B/L), transfer to hotel.
Day 33: Kathmandu:
One extra days in Kathmandu (BB).
Day 34: Departure from Nepal or next trip:
Depart from Kathmandu or next trip (B).
- All arrival and departure airport transfers with Asian Hiking Team Assistance.
- Hotel in Kathmandu as itinerary with breakfast (3/4 5 star hotel on request).
- Land transport to/from trek start/end point for members/ cargo fees as itinerary.
- Land transport to/from trek start/end point for Liaison Officer and our staffs as itinerary.
- Expedition royalty and climbing permit fees.
- Langtang National Park/ Conservation fees or permits.
- Government appointed Liaison Officer.
- Expedition/Mountaineering insurance for Liaison officer, our guide and staffs.
- Accommodation during the trekking as best available Guest house / Hotel as itinerary.
- Base Camp single tent with mattress and pillow for each member, climbing Sherpa, BC staff and Liaison Officer.
- High altitude tents for all members and climbing Sherpa’s.
- All camping equipment like camp furniture (table, chairs), kitchenware, kitchen, dining, guest, shower and toilet tents in Base camp.
- Major Meals during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) by Guest house /Hotel menus and cooked 3 meals with tea or coffee by professional cook in Base Camp.
- All high food and fuel for Base Camp and higher camps during expedition.
- Baggage/ Equipment allowance for trekking up and down is maximum 30-40kg per person.
- Base Camp Manager, Base Camp cook, necessary staffs.
- Emergency Oxygen bottles with mask and regulator.
- Common climbing equipment (necessary rope, ice bars, ice screws, etc.).
- Wages, meals, accommodation, equipment, medical and accidental Insurances for Sherpa guide and other staffs.
- Solar panel/generator at Base Camp for light and charging small electronics (eg. mobile phones, amateur digital cameras and handheld video cameras).
- Rope fixing fee.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with nominal cost.
- First Aid medical kits.
- Our service charge and Government Taxes.
- Fair well Dinner.
- International airfare from / to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu as itinerary.
- Hotel accommodation beyond itinerary (as per itinerary) stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal trekking and climbing gears.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation, and lost luggage.
- Expenses of a personal nature such as hard and soft drinks, laundry, postage, telephone, email, internet etc.
- Applicable customs duty and import license fees for all personal expedition goods arriving in Nepal by air/road as cargo.
- Personal solar pack (if any) for charging heavy electronics (laptops, professional camera, batteries, etc.).
- Summit bonus (For Everest $1800, For others mountain US$1000) / staffs Tips/ Donation.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not mentioned in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” section.