We provide "Dhaulagiri Pass Trekking" at the best price among many Travel and Tour companies out there.The price of the "Dhaulagiri Pass Trekking" will be shared on request. Get in touch with us for more information on adventurous trekking, hiking and climbing - Asian Hiking Team.
Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu; meet our staff transfers to Hotel, overnight Hotel (B).
Upon your arrival at the Tribhuvan International airport, Asian Hiking Team representative welcomes you and assists you to transfer to a hotel in Kathmandu, overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Early morning drive to Pokhara (900m) by tourist bus, 6 hours, 200KM or flight 25 minutes, overnight at Hotel.
From Kathmandu to Pokhara which takes about six hours. As you climb out of the Kathmandu valley, only to quickly descend again to the Trisuli River, you follow upstream to its junction with the Marsyangdi River. You follow the Marsyangdi gently up through heavily terraced fields and small hill towns to the Seti River that takes you directly into Pokhara. Having pleasant weather, Pokhara is a tourist's paradise full of natural as well as cultural heritage sites such as lakes, caves, temples of Buddhist and Hindus along with mountains, or a 25 minutes flight can reach Pokhara, Overnight in Pokhara at Hotel.
Day 3: Drive to Beni (830m), 3-4 hours, continue to Dharapani (1500m), 3-4 hours, overnight Camp/ tea house.
After breakfast, we start driving from Pokhara to Beni bazar, have lunch then continue driving to Dharapani 6-9 hours’ drive, overnight camp / Tea house.
Day 4: Dharapani to Muri (1815m), 5 hours, Overnight Camp/ Tea house.
Trek from Dharapani to Muri which takes about five hours. This day also you trek ascend through a narrow path for nearly one hour. Along the flat land passing through jungle with varieties of rhododendrons, oaks and Christmas trees at some distance. Overnight camp.
Day 5: Muri to Boghara (2050m), 4/5 hours, overnight Camp/ Tea house.
From Muri the trail is easy and goes down for a few hours. But before reaching Boghara, we have to climb a steep path for a couple of hours. The trail descends down before reaching Phedi and then the trail ascends up until Boghara, 4/5 hours, overnight Camp.
Day 6: Boghara to Dhoban (2630m), 5/6 hours, overnight Camp/ Tea house.
Today, the path is quite difficult and sometimes we will need the help of the ropes. The trail descends down to a small ridge then crosses forest to Jordan. Finally, we cross the rocky part to arrive at Dhoban, 5/6 hours, overnight Camp.
Day 7: Trek from Dobang to Upper Vungini or Italian Base Camp (3660m), 5 hours, stay overnight at Camp/ Tea house.
At this juncture, we will reach the Italian Base Camp where we will camp just in front of the West wall of the Dhaulagiri. Passing through beautiful forest, we rapidly gain altitude and mountains burst out all around. Since, we are gaining altitude rapidly, we keep our self-hydrated and take it easy, 5 hours, stay overnight Camp.
Day 8: Acclimatization day in Italian base camp 4250m.
Today is the first day of our acclimatization day, you can explore around the valley. Make preparation for high passes, overnight in Camp.
Day 9: Trek from Italian Base Camp to Glacier Camp, 4 hours, stay in Camp.
It takes about four hours. After crossing the first glacier, probably using a rope in a couple of tricky spots, you climb onto the main glacier. The surroundings are spectacular which makes up for the rough and dangerous trail. You may also use a rope on this section. This is a particularly tough day. You camp on the glacier rubble.
Day 10: Trek from Glacier Camp to Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4740m), 5 hours, overnight Camp.
Which takes about five hours. Soon the rough rubble gives way to the smooth ice of the white part of the glacier. You climb steadily to the rough and chilling but spectacular Dhaulagiri Base Camp, overnight Camp.
Day 11: Acclimatization rest day, overnight Camp.
Today is the second day of your acclimatization in Dhaulagiri pass trekking, explore around Dhaulagiri base Camp, safe energy for next days, overnight Camp.
Day 12: Trek from Dhaulagiri Base Camp to French Col (5010m), 5 hours, overnight Camp.
Hidden Valley and it takes about four/five hours. Getting off the glacier above the base camp often requires rope climbing. Once over the steep moraine walls we reach a gentler, less strenuous country. After a breathless climb to the top of French Col (5300m,) the views of Hidden Valley open out. The broad valley is reminiscent of Tibet and Ladakh and so are the temperatures (at least -20ºC at night), overnight Camp.
Day 13: Trek from French Col to Alubari (3680m.), 5/6 hours, overnight Camp.
After climbing over the 5200m Dhampus Pass, You traverse avalanche-prone slopes and then take on the steep descent to Yak Kharka, continuing to Alubari, Overnight in camp. This day you trek through bare land for some distance. Note: If you are looking at Dhampus Peak Climbing you need one day or two days extra.
Day 14: Trek from Alubari to Marpha 2640m, 5 hours, overnight Lodge.
Which takes about five hours. More steep descent leads to Marpha. The way is not much covered with trees. En route you can see some yak herds and sheep herds as well. Overnight in the Hotel/Lodge.
Day 15: Marpha to Beni continues to Pokhara, 8/10 hours, overnight at the hotel.
Drive by Jeep or bus to Beni Bazaar, continue the drive to Pokhara, 8/10 hours, explore Pokhara if you have time, overnight at the hotel.
Day 16: Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus, 6 hours, or flight 25 minutes, overnight at a hotel.
Early morning drive to Kathmandu by tourist bus, 6 hours, and 200km, over the beautiful river and Mountain View or take 25 minutes to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel overnight at the hotel.
Day 17: Departure from Nepal or next trip (BB).
Today is the last day in your itinerary, last minute shopping for souvenirs or gifts to your family, friends or relatives until your departure flight/drive or to commence any extra trips or activities you may have booked with us. If departing, Asian Hiking Team staff will be transferred to the international Airport for your departure flight schedule to your onward destination or next trip.
- Airport /Hotel/Airport pick up and drop.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu as itinerary (2-3 star hotel) with breakfast.
- All land transportation (Trekking starting and ending point) as per itinerary.
- Accommodation during the trekking as best available Hotel/Lodge as per itinerary (for camping trekking we provide tented camp and camping meals).
- Major Meals during the trekking; Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (B/L/D) by Lodge/Hotel menu.
- Domestic air ticket and Cargos fees to/from (if there is mentioned on itinerary).
- Trekkers’ Information Management System “TIMS Card” (Trekking permit) and Special trekking permit for Upper Mustang, Dolpa, Manaslu Tsum valley, Kanchenjunga, Simikot, Nar and Fu valley, etc.
- National Park fees/ Conservation permit.
- Monasteries and Temple entrance fees during the trekking.
- A First Aid and Eco trained & Government licensed holder professional equipped English Speaking guide.
- One Porter between each 2 members while on trek (Maximum weight for a porter is 25 Kg).
- Accommodation, meals, salary, equipment, transportation & Insurance of Asian Hiking Team staff.
- First Aid Kit.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes/ service charges.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu (with culture show).
- International Airfare.
- Nepal Visa fee.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- Entrance fees in Durbar Square or Temple in Kathmandu.
- Soft/hard drinks, Drinking water, Tea/ coffee during trekking.
- Hot shower, internet & electricity bills during trekking.
- Extra porter (on request).
- Personal trekking gears & clothing (some of equipment is possible to rent in Kathmandu).
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency, Expenses incurred due to mishaps, landslides, strikes, political unrest etc. in such cases extra will be charged as per actual.
- Tips or Donation (as you want).