Great Himalayan Trails or GHT Trekking is another long adventure in the world. GHT is a huge plan for those who are looking for a lifetime adventure.
The Great Himalaya Trail starts from the eastern part and ends in the far western part of Nepal. The planning of trekking is to spend more than 6 months on your Great Himalaya Trails (GHT) trekking.
Asian Hiking Team has divided great Himalayan Trails trekking in six parts as following:
In the first Part is 38 days, Kanchenjunga and Lumba Sumba Explore. The second part is 30 days Makalu and Everest Explore. On the third part 32 days start from Lukla – Tashi Lapcha Pass- Tilman Pass – Ending in Syabru Besi. On the forth part is 3' days starting from Syabru Besi – Ganesh Hill – Larky Pass – Thorong La Pass – Upper mustang - ending in Jomsom. On the fifth part 26 days starting from Juphal to Hearing to Upper Dolpo and ending your trek in Jomsom. The six part is 38 days starting from the Juphal part of Upper Dolpo – Phoksundo Lake - Rara Lake – Mugu valley - Humla ends in Hilsa Simikot.
Day 1-38: Kanchenjunga and Lumba Sumba Explore 38 days.
Part 1 - 38 days: Kanchenjunga and Lumba Sumba Explore: Start from Taplejung – Kanchenjunga South Base Camp – Salele pass – Kanchenjunga North Base camp – Lumba Sumba Pass – End in Tumlingtar.
Day 1-30: Makalu and Everest Explore 30 days
Part 2 - 30 days Makalu and Everest Explore: Tumlingtar – Makalu Base Camp – Sherpini coll – Amphulaptse Pass – Kongmola Pass – Chola Pass – Renjola Pass – end in Lukla.
Day 1-32: Rowling Valley and Langtang Explore 32 days.
Part 3 - 32 days Rowling Valley and Langtang Explore: Start from Lukla – Tashi Lapcha Pass- Tilman Pass – Ending in Syabru Besi.
Day 1-34: Manaslu and Annapurna Mustang Explore 34 days.
Part 4 - 34 days Manaslu and Annapurna Mustang Explore 34 days. Starting from Syabru Besi – Ganesh Hill – Larky Pass – Thorong La Pass – Upper mustang - end in Jomsom.
Day 1-26: Dolpo Explore 26 days:
Part 5 - 26 days. Dolpo Explore 26 days. Starting from Juphal to Hearing to Upper Dolpo and ending your trek in Jomsom.
Day 1-38: Rara Mugu - Simikot Explore 38 days
Part 6 - 38 days. Rara Mugu - Simikot Explore: Starting from the Juphal part of Upper Dolpo – Phoksundo Lake - Rara Lake – Mugu valley - Humla ends in Hilsa Simikot .
- Airport /Hotel/Airport pick up and drop.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu as itinerary (2-3 star hotel) with breakfast.
- All land transportation (Trekking starting and ending point) as per itinerary.
- Accommodation during the trekking as best available Hotel/Lodge as per itinerary (for camping trekking we provide tented camp and camping meals).
- Major Meals during the trekking; Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (B/L/D) by Lodge/Hotel menu.
- Domestic air ticket and Cargos fees to/from (if there is mentioned on itinerary).
- Trekkers’ Information Management System “TIMS Card” (Trekking permit) and Special trekking permit for Upper Mustang, Dolpa, Manaslu Tsum valley, Kanchenjunga, Simikot, Nar and Fu valley, etc.
- National Park fees/ Conservation permit.
- Monasteries and Temple entrance fees during the trekking.
- A First Aid and Eco trained & Government licensed holder professional equipped English Speaking guide.
- One Porter between each 2 members while on trek (Maximum weight for a porter is 25 Kg).
- Accommodation, meals, salary, equipment, transportation & Insurance of Asian Hiking Team staff.
- First Aid Kit.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes/ service charges.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu (with culture show).
- International Airfare.
- Nepal Visa fee.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- Entrance fees in Durbar Square or Temple in Kathmandu.
- Soft/hard drinks, Drinking water, Tea/ coffee during trekking.
- Hot shower, internet & electricity bills during trekking.
- Extra porter (on request).
- Personal trekking gears & clothing (some of equipment is possible to rent in Kathmandu).
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency, Expenses incurred due to mishaps, landslides, strikes, political unrest etc. in such cases extra will be charged as per actual.
- Tips or Donation (as you want).